The boys are gearing up for Peter's birthday, so they've started thinking about wish lists again. Grady started his list first because he knew exactly what he wanted. In fact, he saw me on the computer and asked me to go to Amazon to let him add stuff. He added a bunch but then later got out a paper to write out something he really wants to - A Penguin Size Thing. He calls his robot matryoshka a size thing because it has all different sizes. He'd decided they are: Papa size, Mama size, Daniel size (Peter's friend who's a little bigger than Peter), Peter size, Grady size and Baby size. He loves filling them with things. They are nearly boxes after all. So he's hoping to get a penguin matryoshka sometime.
I didn't even know he knew how to write all the letters. He wrote the list all by himself as I fed him the letters. I think he has very good penmanship.
Peter started working on his list when he got home from school yesterday. I love how he's started grouping and labeling the items. I think he asked me how to spell one or two words, but he also looked up a couple in the dictionary on his own.
He really likes dinosaurs right now. It's one of the things he's learning about in school right now. His favorite dinosaur is a T-Rex. He would definitely like a "real dinosaur skull", because we can all just go to the store and get one of those. He's been digging for rocks at school and has found some dinosaur teeth.
He loves the idea of the archeology/excavating projects. He remembers that he had a little dinosaur dig project before and he recently went to the Children's Museum and spent his allowance money on a "excavate a Norman Knight" kit. The only problem with these is that the digging is fun for about 5 minutes, then he asks me to get the thing out for him. So I end up digging for the next 30 minutes so he can have his treasure. I've warned him that I'm not helping this time, but we'll see if that sticks.
Also, if Grady gets another matryoshka then definitely Peter wants to get another one too. I haven't been able to find one that's a skeleton but Peter still has some high hopes for that.
And of course, who could forget chess. Somehow he likes playing although I'd say probably 75% of the games involve tears from him. But if you combine two of his favorite things: Batman and/or rocks with chess, how could you go wrong! I haven't been able to figure out the rock chess set yet, but supposedly Boris knows what it is.
I'm sure the lists will change an evolve as it gets closer to Peter's birthday, but the boys sure have a fun time making them and exploring the possibilities.
No comments:
Post a Comment