The boys are still enjoying their love of all things chess. They make chess pieces out of LEGOs and cardboard. They even draw pictures of them. Then I found these on the floor. Grady made the red-handled knife and the spoon. They are - obviously - rooks. Because Grady's favorite piece is a rook. Somehow all rooks have lots of squares on them.
So far, Grady has chosen not to name his rooks because their just rooks. Peter recommended all different names like rooker and rooky, but no name has stuck yet.
A few days ago, I think Peter also drew a picture of a rook for Grady. It was a very detailed castle. When he was done with it, I don't know that he actually gave it to Grady because he was very proud of it.
Right now, they only get a play chess about once a week, but it's pretty obvious that they think about it all the time. I'm not too sure what the draw is for making all of the pieces. Maybe it's just a good outlet for their imagination. I guess Boris showed the boys some YouTube videos of a game called "Battle Chess" where the characters come alive as they move. Maybe the boys are hopeful that they can recreate those characters to make the game more adventurous.
No comments:
Post a Comment