Sunday, February 24, 2013

Silly Boys

Grady and I had quite a week of playing at home.  We weren't really at home that much - he had preschool, we checked out a new preschool this week, went to the park, etc.  But we crammed a lot of fun playing into the times that we were home.

One day, I ended up talking for a LEGO man.  Grady very seriously interacts with this LEGO man.  The LEGO man got to hold a LEGO umbrella, but when he held it over Grady's head, it wasn't nearly big enough so Grady had to go pull out his umbrella for both of them to use.

He made a boat with an anchor for the LEGO man to ride in and then decided the LEGO man needed a toy.  So he grabs a LEGO person body (no head and no legs) and says "here LEGO man.  Here's a toy for you to play with.  It's a body."  The LEGO man obviously asks what this toy can do.  Grady takes the LEGO body back and says "look, it can jump.  Boing, boing, boing" and then throws it into the boat with the LEGO man.

Grady then decided that he had to build a house for him and the LEGO man.  He ended up dumping out three full copy-paper boxes (full of his preschool crafts, treasures and comic books) on the floor of his room in order to bring all the boxes out to make the house.  The boxes surrounded the umbrella with Grady and the LEGO man under the umbrella.  Then he tells me I still need to make the LEGO man talk!  Even though I'm on the outside and can't reach any part of the story anymore.

The next day we were playing again and Grady wanted a house, but he no longer liked the copy paper box house.  He wanted the laundry hamper.  I told him no - not with all the other mess on the floor.  He dutifully cleaned up all the boxes and then got the laundry hamper.

He climbed inside and pretended to be stuck.  He wanted me to free him somehow.  I ended up holding his fingers and pulling them through the holes in the side and that was good enough for him to get free. Then when he got back in, I started calling it the tickle jail.  He laughed and laughed as I tickled him in his jail, but was also rather disturbed "NO.  It is not the tickle jail.".


Eventually he wanted me to climb in.  I didn't even attempt that, but he was ok freeing me from jail just with me sitting on the opposite side of the hamper from him.  He'd come over a knock the whole thing down to free me.

Over the weekend, the boys pulled out their giant dog stuffed animals.  They started some WWE style wresting moves with these animals.  Luckily not with each other.  After a little while of them having fun this way, Peter stops them both to say "Grady, you NEVER, EVER do this to a real dog.  He would get really angry and bite you.".  I'm glad we all know that now!  Of course that should be the first concern.  I mean, if the dog didn't get angry about it, I guess it would probably be ok!  It's just the biting that would be a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment