Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wall Charts

I made the boys height murals on the hallway walls near their rooms.  For some reason I made each height marker at their half birthdays instead of whole birthdays, but whatever.  They like having them on the wall and compare their current height all the time.  And they're both so excited when it's time to mark a new line for them.  I mark it in pencil and then it takes me a little while to paint it in.

At some point a couple years ago, Peter made a line at the bottom of his wall for Buzz.  It wasn't that big of a line and it was all by itself, so I didn't worry about it too much.  Then just a couple days ago, I went by Peter's wall and found this:
It seems that now the Red Robin chess piece, a Batman, Buzz, Mr. Toast and Clem all have been measured.  And not just measured, but identified and circled too!  I'm going to have to do something about this sometime.  Pencil is so hard to get off the walls.  It smears everywhere!  I'll probably just have to paint over it sometime, but he was just so proud of the work he did on this.

Here's how Grady's wall turned out:
It seems he got a couple lines that Peter helped him with, but they didn't get names put up on his wall.  And who knows why it looks like a shirt or a starfish drawn on the side.

I can be very glad that I have lots of touch up paint and I go through the house with the paint every couple months.  This might also get a Magic Eraser too!  It's amazing the stuff you never think you'll have to tell your kids... "Don't draw on the walls", "Don't cut things out of library books with deckle scissors", "Don't outline the back of your book shelf with markers", "Don't color on the couch while I'm asleep".  One day, all of these experiences will make the boys think "Hmm, is this the sort of thing I should be doing right now? Probably not, so I won't do it".  Until then, paint, Magic Erasers and soapy water are my good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment