When Peter got home from school today, he and Grady sat eating a snack and somehow, they each ended up with a comb in their hands pretending it was a camera. They would make a little "tchk" sound with each click of their camera.
Then as we were driving to gymnastics, I hear the boys making camera sounds again. I was a little worried because I didn't want the combs being dragged all over the place. It took me a while of peeking in the rear view mirror to see that Grady was using a water bottle as a camera.
It was hysterically funny to see and hear them doing this. I was really shocked that Peter was into playing this game with Grady on the drive.
Peter: There's a big truck coming up soon. Get a picture of it.
Grady: Ok. tchk.
Peter: Can I see the picture?
Grady: Sure, you just push this black button right here.
Peter: Ok. tchk. Nice picture. Oh, there's another truck. Take a picture of that one too.
Grady: tchk
Peter: Look, there's a little truck ahead of us. Get a picture of that one too.
Grady: <looks around for a bit to find it> tchk.
Obviously, this is heavily influenced by Leka's photography when we see him. Now that I have a bigger camera, I've been trying to be more intentional about taking pictures. But it's Leka that taught the boys which button to push to view the pictures.
Then, after they got tired of the camera game somehow it turned into fun for Peter to echo whatever Grady says. Peter does this quite often to be annoying, but this time Grady actually asked him to do it and Peter totally participated. They were pretending to swing (in their carseats) as Peter echoed Grady and somehow at one point they decided to mix up the you's and me's just to make things more interesting. I was so glad it was a happy day for them to play together.
No comments:
Post a Comment