Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rolfing

A little more than 11 weeks ago, I signed up for 10 sessions of Rolfing and Neurokinetic Therapy.  It's a bit like a combination of massage and physical therapy.  Each week, I had a 1 hour session and then lots of exercises to work on at home throughout the week.

The point is to get the right muscles working for each activity your body does and keep your body balanced.  For example, sometimes I have knee pain when I squat.  First instinct is always to rub your knee to try and take the pain away.  But it was actually my calf with a really tight muscle.  When I was able to loosen up my calf muscle, my knee pain was gone.

Rolfing and Neurokinetic Therapy is really great for bad posture and helping your body line up again.  Here is a video of the way I used to stand vs. the way I stand now after 10 sessions.  I've even still got some more work to do on my own and maybe a few check in sessions later to make sure my body is still on the right track.


I'm getting close to being able to lay on my back and lift my legs off the floor without bowing my back.  I've never been able to do that before - never had the ab strength.  I'm actually starting to develop abs now.  I'm so much stronger than I was before and I feel like my body lines up so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment