Grady tells me all about his dreams almost every morning. I'm surprised he can remember so many details and identify that they're dreams.
"One time, I had to pick up all the circles." I asked him if he had to pick up any other shapes. "No, I only picked up the circles because they were treasures."
"There was a baby spider and some man was holding him and I pet him because he was really cute. But then there was a big spider that had shoes on and he was too scary so I didn't pet him. But Papa, the man was you and you had the baby spider in your pocket."
I think there was another one that had to do with shapes, but I can't remember what he told me about it. Some of his stuffed animals make appearances in his dreams. He finds most of his dreams pretty funny. I'm never totally sure what he's making up or what he really dreamed because he so actively comes up with stories for stuff.
Today he had a bunch of LEGO cars he built, lined up and a little Wall-E car he built driving around in front of the cars. He gave me this whole drawn out story of Wall-E looking for a friend, but these cars were scary. Yesterday Wall-E was driving around on me and sniffed me, but didn't really liked what he smelled so he ran away.
Grady is so detailed about everything that happens. At preschool on Wednesday, he was not participating in the songs they were singing - no singing and no motions. After preschool was over, I asked him why he wasn't participating and he said "I wasn't doing it because I thought I'd smile if I did it and I was too sad to smile. I also didn't want anyone to see me smile because I didn't want them to think I was a clown." He's told me this same thing a couple times now. I find it very amusing how completely serious he is about these details. There is no way you should do something that would make you smile if you're feeling sad!
No comments:
Post a Comment