Peter read a book a week or two ago at school about dolphins and sharks. They had to write a sentence or two afterwards about what the book was about and what they liked. Then they also had to include some words that they learned the meaning of from reading the book. I think the whole group (6 kids) wrote down the same words.
But then this week at home, Peter wrote this on the fridge:
...ecolocation. I think he missed the H, but for the rest of the word I think he got it right. It's pretty funny because this fridge magnet set has only one of each letter, so he had to get pretty creative.
He reads about one book a week with his group and they spend lots of time working on it and then writing down information from the book. At home, he's working on the Captain Underpants books. He's even pulled them out and is reading them on his own time.
It's getting harder and harder to keep a written secret from him because he just reads everything. As he was sitting in the tub last week, I heard him reading the shampoo bottle! I told Boris to listen for a minute, but right then Peter read like two more words, found a hard one that he had trouble with and said "whatever" before he put the bottle back.
No comments:
Post a Comment