Today Grandma and Grandpa gave the boys little pots that look like they could hold some leprechaun gold. They played with them a bunch while we had a playdate, but when we got home...
The pots were placed in the play room on the floor and the conversation begins...
Peter: I'll put my pot right here because I think then I might be able to catch a leprechaun.
< Grady puts his next to Peter's >
Peter: We have to be quiet so we don't scare the leprechaun if he comes by. We have to sneak up on him so we can catch him.
< somehow the belief turned into "if you catch him he'll give you three wishes" >
Peter from the bathroom: <yelling> Grady, don't talk so loud or you'll scare the leprechaun away before he gets here. If I catch one, Grady, I'll give you one of my wishes.
Peter to Boris: I'm trying to catch a leprechaun. I think he'll come by and see these pots and since they're small like him, he'll think that one of them is his pot. He must have lost his pot, but he's still holding onto his gold. Then when he puts his gold in the pot, I'll catch him.
Peter: < about three more times to Grady > Stop talking so loud or we won't be able to catch a leprechaun.
Grady to me: < as I talk with Boris, Grady whispers > Mama, stop talking so loud or you'll scare away the leprechaun.
If only I had a little leprechaun, I'd totally put out some gold next to the leprechaun and leave it near the boys little pots for them to find in the morning. Alas, no leprechaun and the boys put their pots away before bedtime. But they're very excited about Easter next weekend and all of the egg hunts coming up this week. I still have to go out and buy the appropriate things for their school egg hunts and a little something for them for Easter from the Easter bunny.
Actually, Peter's also talking about what he'll get from the Candy Fairy since he'll have all sorts of Easter candy to trade for a prize. I'm not sure if the Candy Fairy has to shop still too!
No comments:
Post a Comment