Grady was working on Gorilla Grodd. I would have loved to see the whole process of drawing him. I didn't hear if Peter told him the things to include or gave him the idea or if Grady came up with it on his own. When I was watching, he was having trouble getting the eyes to come out right. He chose grey or white and it wouldn't show up on the blue that was already colored. I love that he has a bunch of hair/fur too.
I got pictures after breakfast. Notice Grady already cut his out, but I had to get the picture with his arms and legs too.
They worked on stuff for a really long time. I printed out some worksheets for Peter to practice his math skills and printed some out for Grady (counting skills) so he wouldn't feel left out. Then Peter really needed some of the ones Grady had and Grady really wanted more, so I found a bunch of additional ones for them to work on. Peter is supposed to work on his addition facts at home so he gets them memorized and/or faster answers. Peter showed the papers to Boris after he was done and Boris said "oh, the old fashioned way with paper and pencils". Peter looked at the paper and said "no, it's crayon".
Then they got out the origami. It's been so long since we worked on any of that, Peter forgot how to read the instructions. I helped Peter with his projects and now it's time to start teaching Grady how to line up and fold things. He did pretty well for his first attempt.
There was also a lot of reading today. One of Peter's friends told Peter that he's reading the Captain Underpants books, so that was all the encouragement Peter needed to get out the book and start reading it to me. He is doing so amazingly at it. He's over half way through right now. I would say he needs help with 4-5 words out of every chapter. He's pretty excited because this book is worth 3 points for his school's reading program. He needs 4 points every month to get the prize. This might be the turning point for him of picking juvenile fiction books to read instead of just "easy readers".
The rest of the day was spent having Five Guys for lunch, jumping on the trampoline and playing outside. The boys are super happy to have nice weather. Both of them are starting to talk about summer - "summer's almost here", "the sun's out so it's summer", etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment