Sunday, March 24, 2013

New Drawing Material

We saw Grandma and Grandpa this weekend.  On Friday, Grandma needed to get some paint for the surprise she got for the boys.  She wanted to paint the edges of mini dry erase boards in the boys' favorite colors.  Grady helped her paint and was super excited that his was golden.  Grandma had covered the white part with tape so it wouldn't be ruined.  The next day when the paint was dry, she was showing both of the boys and removing the tape so the boys could draw.  Grady was getting so upset.  She was removing most of the golden from his special thing!  It took a while for him to feel good about most of the golden being gone.

When we got home, the boys got out the pens and got to work drawing on their boards.  Peter drew a ninja.  I don't think it's quite a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle this time.  He took a lot of time with it and was very careful with the colors to get it just right.  He was a little bothered that we didn't have a yellow pen that would work on the board.  I'm not sure what has inspired the ninja pictures lately.  I thought he was playing pirate with his friend on Friday where I guess there was some talk of "blowing you to smithereens".  And this time the ninja didn't get nunchucks.  He's definitely a very strong ninja.


Grady - I'm not actually sure what his is.  Maybe a robot?  Maybe a Matryoshka?  I love that he has little feet and little eyebrows too.  This little guy definitely looks like he has something to say, and if I asked Grady I'm sure he'd be able to tell me what it is.  I'm not sure why he picked red, but he might not have intended red anyway.  Grandma also gave him a green leprechaun bucket and asked him what color it was.  Grady said "it's golden, but you can call it green if you want to".

No comments:

Post a Comment