Our go-to word for someone causing trouble is "pork-fish". Boris and Peter came up with it a long time ago and it's stuck around ever since. You spill something: you're a pork-fish, you make a mess: you're a pork-fish. Peter used to go through the roof whenever he did something and then Boris said he was a pork-fish - screaming "I am not a pork-fish". Peter's grown up since then and now sees the silliness and Grady has really taken ownership of the word.
Today Grady had something very important to tell Boris (and Boris was listening very carefully):
"When I grown up, I'm going to be a dad and I'm going to have to work really hard <at this point Boris is nodding his head intently> to not be a pork-fish." You could just tell that Boris was expecting a very dutiful statement, but Grady takes these things very seriously. If you try really hard, you won't be a pork-fish but otherwise pretty much everyone is at one time or another.
Then as we went on to a new conversation, Boris looked at a picture and said "typical 80s poofy hair". Peter says "ah, an afro" (actually I think he said renfro or something like that). Then we had to have a discussion about the difference between 80s hair and an afro. Grady decided to add "what if my afro was as big as Russia?! Or what if it was as big as space?!"
Then both of the boys got out some paper and drew pictures of themselves with afros. Peter then used his paper to make a paper airplane. Grady had some story about his picture that included all the kids at preschool having afros too and there was a jail somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment