In between all of this, the boys have been busy drawing, playing with LEGOs and reading. We haven't had much time to sit down and read together, but Peter's been picking up random Captain Underpants books and reading a couple chapters to himself every now and then. He's been bringing the most recent book to school so he can show his friend how good he is at reading. Grady seems to take a book with him everywhere he goes right now. In the car, walking around, sitting waiting for Peter to get done at school.
Today Peter asked me to find him a waterproof book. Because he might be in the middle of reading when it's time to shower, so he won't want to leave his book. If he had a waterproof book, then it wouldn't be a big deal to keep reading while he showers!In preparation for Career Day, Peter's class at school was talking about all different careers and sharing what they wanted to be when they grow up. Peter came home and said "I said a police officer, but I really want to be a race car driver. Since that might not work out, I decided police officer. But I'd really like to do what Papa does. But I don't really know what he does and I don't know what it's called." When his school work came home this week, I found this picture. I don't think you can get much cuter than that for a career choice.
Then we have Grady. He's still on the hedgehog kick. He really would like to have a pet hedgehog. Yesterday I had to "read" the hedgehog book to him. Just describing all the pictures in the book because even I'm not crazy enough to read the entire book of "how to care for your hedgehog". He drew one hedgehog yesterday. He's a happy hedgehog with a smile.
When I got up this morning, Grady was super excited to show me the story he wrote. He says "it has two hedgehogs in it and me with an afro". There was also some part of the story that the black hedgehog was what Grady would look like as a baby hedgehog inside the mama hedgehog's tummy (me, obviously) when he was super tiny. I would have guessed that the little thing inside the circle is the baby hedgehog inside the mama's tummy, but I guess not. And the black hedgehog has spiky hair.
And then we have Grady with an afro. Which Grady might also really like to happen. He talks about growing his hair longer so it can be curly like some of the kids at preschool with naturally curly hair.
And then the other day, Grady was driving one of his LEGO cars around on the floor. With a robot voice he says "driving with doors open, driving with doors open". I said "oh no, won't he fall out?". And he responds with a robot voice "seatbelt on, driving with doors open".
No comments:
Post a Comment