Friday, August 9, 2013

Busy Lives

Life has been too busy these last few weeks.  I've been trying to fit in so much stuff: gives the kids a few more playdates with friends, a couple more camp days so I can get stuff done, last minute preschool stuff, etc.  I've been keeping things going pretty well, but not having any time to write about it or anything.

This week, it looked like Peter was having a friend over for a sleepover.  And with Anya coming to visit too, we decided to move the beds around so there would be space for everyone.

Peter got the bunk beds in his room.  He's been very excited, sleeping on the top bunk every night.  I've been a little nervous about the roll off possibilities, but he's done fine with it.

Grady got the queen mattress in his room.  Eventually, he'll have a bed frame for the mattress too.  Somehow we just can't manage to get rid of that bed.  We've thought about it for years.  But Grady is happy with his really big bed.  For now, he really likes jumping on it and doing tricks.
I got a new-to-me desk, so I had to rearrange my area too.  So far, so good.  Everything fits where I want it to be, but stuff might move around eventually.

Now, on with the show.  Another busy week and then school starts for both boys.  I finally picked a place for Grady to do preschool this year, so fingers crossed that he likes it and it works out well for him.  He'll be going MWF in the afternoon.  He's very excited because we've been telling him this is "pre-kindergarten".  I don't know if they'll really teach him reading, writing or math, but that's what they bill the program as.

With my new laptop, my old computer got passed down to the boys finally.  Now there's an iPad and a computer for them to use.  They've been actively using both things for "school" work each day.  The online math program is still active all summer for Peter, so he's been working on that.  And I got a subscription for Grady with this math program too, so he's been doing the kindergarten math skills.  I put the Kindle app on the iPad too, so Peter's been enjoying reading on his own.  It's the first time in ages that I've just walked in and found him reading on his own.  Don't know if it's the technology or the book itself, but I'm glad.

And here's a little conversation from a couple weeks ago when we had a storm pass through:

Me <looking out the window>: It's raining.

Grady <runs over to the window>: It's raining?! Really?  What the...!

Me: You need to at least have some shorts on to go outside. <because someone is running around in their underwear>

Grady: Do I need my snowsuit?

Grady <looks outside before going out>: Um, it sounds kind of stormy out there.

Me: Well yeah, it's raining.  That's a storm.

Grady: Really?

Grady goes out and plays for a little while.  Then Peter comes out of his room to check out the rain.

Peter <to Grady>: Did you get your head wet?

Grady: Yeah.  It's raining.

Peter: Is it cold?

Grady: Well, it's stormy and I saw lightening.

It only rained for about 5-10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment