Today is a story about Grady. Last night, he decided to write some numbers. He asked how to write 1000, so I told him. Then he said he was going to write one million. He got the one with lots of zeros after it, but I told him there were so many zeros it was lots more than a million.
I had to look up what number he wrote. A one with 41 zeros after it is: 100 duodecillion. Just so you know. He was very proud of his number, but still really wanted to write one million. I gave him the number of zeros and he wrote it.
Then he sat at the table for a while with the paper and pencil, concentrating really hard. I didn't want to go look in case it disturbed his creativity. So I waited until he was done. At one point, we heard him saying "A...B...C...D...E...F...G". Other than that, we had no indication of what he was drawing.
This is Grady's drawing:
It's an alphabet train. The conductor is making steam come out and the J would belong in the next car down from the other letters. You can also see the upside down ones that he drew and all the zeros.
Today Grady decided the plastic bag stuck in the tree was bugging him too much and he was going to get it out. There's always a good use for a long stick. He didn't end up getting it out of the tree himself, but he gave it a really good effort.
It was a preschool day today. Grady was really excited to go, but pretty shy to walk in. I'm curious what they do all afternoon because he hasn't brought home any projects yet. He says they made something today but it had to stay at preschool.
His big news for the day was that he got to be the weatherman. He had to go to the window and say what the weather was like. He was very bothered by the results. He says "It was sunny, but everyone else said cloudy and sunny. But the picture [of cloudy and sunny - to indicate what the weather was] showed the sun behind the clouds. And that's not the way it was!" My literal child says the sun was not behind the clouds; therefore, it was sunny. I'm really curious what his teacher thought of that - if she understood what he was talking about.
On Wednesdays, I used to have a workout class from 2:30-3:30pm, so I was planning to have Grady stay in the After Care at preschool until after I picked Peter up from school. My class was canceled, but I decided to stick with the same schedule for now. So Grady got to play on the big playground after preschool was over, with the K-6 kids that stay after school. Seems like he had a fun time and Peter was sort-of happy to go to Grady's preschool with me for pickup. Grady told me in the car about his afternoon with the "I-Don't-Know-Her-Name Teacher". I guess we have to make sure and find out what her name is next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment