Friday, August 30, 2013

Peter's First Papers from Second Grade

You just never know what Peter's going to come up with for his in-school work.  Looks like most of last week's work was writing about friendship things.  Peter made friend maps of why Bobby is his friend (like he's a good runner and he's nice).

Then we've got some of the other papers...


I looked at this paper and had to wonder what his teacher thinks of him making an "sm" word...smack. He was so proud of it when he showed me too.  "See mom, it has him getting a smack.  And I put the star in on his head because that's where he got smacked."  Does one need to write notes to the teacher after this... "No, Mrs. Teacher, my son doesn't get smacked.  He just liked to read comic books and is very creative with the pictures."

Then we have "How to make a friend" and "How to lose a friend"...

The writing on how to make a friend is very logical.  If they're nice, you ask him to be your friend.  But again with the picture thing.  I can see his teacher comparing each of his picture and asking "where does he get all this violence".


I mean, there's a guy getting punched!  Saying "ow"!  Of course, it's "you" getting punched.  Which I guess means that I see you as nice because...you're getting punched?!

Then how to lose a friend.  On this one, at least the picture lines up pretty well with what he wrote.  If you're mean, you're not his friend anymore.  Just so you know...  And he'll tell you...  With an "I'm sorry" too!


I tried to explain to Peter afterwards, I think the point was what would YOU do to make someone not want to be YOUR friend.  He said pretty much "duh, I know.  that's what I wrote".  Ok then.  Slightly missed the self-awareness concept.  And again with the punching picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment