Monday, August 12, 2013

Kayaking at Vasona

Today we went to Vasona.  After playing a little bit, we were able to walk all the way across the park to the lake and rented kayaks.  This is the first time any of us have been on kayaks.  We only rented for 1/2 hour.  The boys had lots of fun.
I provided most of the power for the kayak I was in with Grady.  He liked paddling, but didn't add much power to our ride.  Sometimes he also just left his paddle lying across the kayak.  Sometimes he dragged his paddle through the water just for the fun of it.
Peter and Boris were in their own kayak and they had quite a good rhythm going.  I could hear Boris saying "right, left" for a lot of it.

We all had a good time.  The boys sounded very excited to go kayaking again when we're back home.  There's a couple places up at Lake Tahoe that rent kayaks.



No comments:

Post a Comment