Friday, May 31, 2013

New Pencils

Baba and Leka send up some drawing pencils for the boys.  If I understand correctly, they're from Igor and Marina.  The boys were so excited to get the box in the mail.  Grady was holding it and the boys heard shaking sounds inside, so they were guessing it might be LEGOs.

They got home and set to work opening the box.  With one rip, I opened it for them so they could check everything out.  All of the pencils were in a zip-up bag and the boys were so tempted to dump them all out.  But I made them keep the pencils in the bag and they were allowed to take out and try and then put back.

When Boris got home, he dumped out the whole bag to look through.  (When the boys wanted to do it, the room was pretty messy with the boys stuff.  They had cleaned everything up by the time Boris got home.)

There was much sorting after that.  The boys tried all different pencils and I'm sure they spent time picking out their favorites.  I had to leave for Kaia, so I didn't see the results of all the sorting.  But when I got home, everything was picked up again.


I'm sure the boys are going to have lots of fun drawing things this summer.  Grady's been on a cement truck kick.  I think he's been drawing a few every day.  "And here's the wheels, and the ramp, and the cement, and the driver, and the steering wheel."  He draws them, then cuts them out.  I think this morning he drew four different ones - one for each of us to be inside driving.

Peter drew a castle the other day.  It was a very nice castle and I still have to take a picture of it.  He's been putting a lot of detail into his drawings lately.  And he's been using his superhero tracing book.  He was so proud to show me one of the villains that he traced.  He did a really good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment