Thursday, May 30, 2013

End of preschool year

Today was Grady's last day of preschool for this school year.  (He'll probably be back at the same place next year.)  Since he's not entering Kindergarten next year, they didn't have him participate in the "graduation" time, but he still had the shirt to wear (that he decorated himself) and the younger kids got to sit in the front row of the audience.

The kids got to pick a bunch of treasures to remember preschool - a feather, a sea shell, some stickers, etc.  All the exact things that Grady loves to collect.  He carried the sea shell around with him all day, checking to see what he could hear in it.  "I think there must be little bits of water stuck inside the shell and that's what I hear."  He also wore the extra shirt all day.  It reaches down to his knees.

I planned to get some pictures of him with the nice camera, but I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera.  So, I just got a couple afterwards with my iPhone.  I tried to get Grady to smile, or have a nice happy face.  These are what I got:

Regular face: I'm smiling (and I just ate all the orange frosting off a cupcake)


How about a sort-of happy face.
Umm...what about a happy, silly face.

Boris met us for lunch after preschool to celebrate Grady's last day.  Now we just wait and see what the preschool decides to do next year.  They're supposed to do a two afternoon a week program for the older kids.  I think Grady might end up with two afternoons and two mornings a week, so I can still manage to help in Peter's class and get the rest of my stuff done during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment