Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Tea

Today was the Mother's Day Tea Party at Grady's preschool.  He's been looking forward to it for quite a while.  We weren't sure how it was going to work out.  I didn't know if they were actually going to have tea, or was it just pretend.  Almost all of the moms from preschool were there with their kids.  It was a very crowded room.

The kids assignment was to "wait and let your mom pick where to sit and then take her a plate of treats".  It worked somewhat.  Most of the kids remembered to bring over a plate of treats.  With so many tables, it was a little hard to get around and "pick" someplace to sit.

The snacks were strawberries, cucumber sandwiches and brownie bites.  Grady tried all of the things, but really only ate the brownie bite.  Even after I picked off the cucumbers from his sandwich, he didn't really like it.

But he did really like pouring tea.  He poured my tea and his tea.  He'd drink just a little bit of his and then pour himself some more.  I think he poured himself more tea at least five or six times.  Probably all together he drank two cups of tea.

The kids painted little flower picture holders and preschool added pictures of each of the kids for mom as a present.  Grady painted his many different colors and I have a guess that it won't be something that stays near me.  He'll definitely want to keep it for himself.

The teachers at preschool also had descriptions of the moms.  The kids filled in the blanks on various facts about their moms and the teachers wrote down what the kids said.  One question was what color are your mom's eyes.  Grady said "I don't know.  She closes them sometimes."


But the best question of all was "I love my mom the most because..."  Grady's answer: "her tummy is so squishy".  Luckily, this is something I already know because he tells me that all the time.  "I love you because your tummy is so squishy."  That's been his comfort thing for years now.  If he's feeling upset, he feels much better if he can touch my tummy.

All of these pictures were taken with the polarized filter that Boris got me for Mother's Day.  I'm still playing around with it to see what works.  I don't notice a huge difference in pictures with it, but the colors might be richer.




No comments:

Post a Comment