We tried to stay off the carpet as long as we could, but even after 4+ hours it still felt damp. Grady and Peter both thought it was very cool that they could make tracks in the carpet. Grady's dump truck made lots of tracks too.
Grady's been playing with his LEGO dump truck all the time. He's really upset with me that I refuse to let him take it in the car. Every LEGO set that has been brought in the car ends up with pieces all over the car that I end up having to clean up and bring back in the house.
Yesterday, Peter cut his hand. We're not sure exactly what he did - if it was a stabbing or cutting problem. He says he was trying to cut the tail part off of his flying football and he got his hand with the scissors. He's got a good sized slash in his hand right at the bottom of his thumb.
He was doing this cutting in his room, so the first we saw of it was when he came out crying with blood pooling between his fingers. I grabbed his hand with one of my hands and his body with my other arm to get him to the bathroom. He was dripping blood as he came to find us. It seemed like a pretty deep cut and he was crying quite a bit. Afterwards, he said that it hurt a lot but he was also crying because he was scared seeing the blood.
I was able to stop the bleeding and he was able to calm down. We put stuff and a band-aid on it after I was able to take a look at it and make sure it wasn't still actively bleeding. He was almost excited today getting home from school that he had to go see the nurse twice today to get new band-aids because they just weren't strong enough to stay on during recess.
I was impressed that Peter did all of his spelling word homework on the bus today. He was very happy to tell me that. And I thought "I can't believe you finally figured out that you could do it quick and then not have to worry about doing it at home". There's only four more weeks of school, so probably two weeks of homework left.
When he got home, he only had to do his computer math homework. The kids get to pick which math skills they want to work on out of the first grade curriculum. Peter's been doing the Adding Zero section over and over for the last 2-3 weeks. He wants to be able to do it super fast. I think he's been through the whole section seven times now. I make him do a couple other skills after he plays with that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment