Monday, April 22, 2013

Lack of Attention = An Angry Kitty

There are some days like this:


So far this has only happened when Grady and I are the only ones home and I'm trying to get things done on the computer.  In case you can't catch the words, he says "Kitty like to scratch desk.  Kitty like to scratch wall."  The kitty has also liked to scratch the filing cabinet, the piano, the shelf and whatever else is near my computer.

I respond with "kitty no scratch wall" and then Grady smiles and moves on to something else.

Grady's been in that stage lately of wanting to do everything himself and believing he can do anything, but not having the impulse control to look before he leaps.  Today he opened the car door as I was driving up the driveway.  I guess it's back to the child lock on his door.  He thinks he can pour from a full gallon of milk, he tries to run into the street before he's looked for cars, he hates holding my hand while we're in the street.  I'm hoping this is a fast stage.  I don't mind letting him do stuff himself if he'd just follow the rules of doing these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment