Saturday, April 13, 2013

A week of injuries

This week was full of injuries.  Grady's face is covered with bumps and scrapes.  He was in a super-annoying mood to Peter and he kept getting right in Peter's face then tripping or something and getting hurt.  He fell and bumped his head against the wall - hard enough to scrape paint onto his hair.  Then he fell into the corner of an end table and banged up his eye.  It was nicely swollen for most of the week.

Yesterday at the park, I don't even know what Grady did, but he has about 4 scrapes across his face.  He says "maybe a branch from a tree poked me or something".

Boris was out late for work on Thursday night and the boys were quite rowdy.  We watched this movie earlier in the day.

Just a little after bumping his head
Peter thought it was hysterical and Grady thought it was just so-so.  But they sat talking about it during dinner.  They discussed which one they liked the best and all of the mechanics of how the guy did this.  Then Peter says "if I were pretending to be a rhino, I'd go like this".  And he proceeds to try to run under the kitchen table.  He ended up bumping his head at the ending edge of the table and hurt his head pretty good.  Cried for a little while, then eventually got up and started thinking about doing it again!  Saying "well, I almost made it last time".

Earlier that same day, Grady ended up with my rotary cutter while I was using the bathroom and he cut himself.  He was calmly showing me that he hurt himself, until he saw blood and then it was all out screaming.  Some water and a paper towel fixed him right up.  But then he tells me what he was playing with and says "I just didn't know it would cut me.  I just didn't know!".  Funny afterwards, but I had just explained to him the day before not to play with it because it's sharp and would cut him.


Some daffodils from the yard

And some tulips

No comments:

Post a Comment