Sunday, April 7, 2013

A full weekend of pictures

Friday night we went outside to look at the flowers and I got some pictures of the sky.  It was getting colder and the clouds were definitely affected by the wind.




Saturday, the boys drew pictures.  Peter drew a picture to send to DC Comics in hopes that it appears in the Superman Family Adventures comic book.  They often feature pictures from kids on the last page of each issue.  This one is Superman fighting General Zod.  There's the Daily Planet at the bottom with Lois Lane inside the building saying "wow".  There are also other people shouting "Look up in the sky", "It's a bird", "It's a plane", "It's Superman".  I have to go mail it for him tomorrow.  I don't know how many pictures they get each month and/or how long their lead time is, but if he gets featured in one of the comic books we'll all have to go buy it.  Boris is already starting to plan out that if Peter gets published as an adult, Boris will have to buy like three of each of his comics to be able to frame one, and store one "this way" and store another one "that way".

Grady's picture is of Batman.  He has a cape, two eyes and even bat-ears.  The sun is on the right.  The left hand scribble-blob is "a mistake" because it was where Grady was trying to trace a hair.  Grady wrote his name - all letters facing the correct direction but completely backwards.  The bottom is a bunch of houses.  The big one on the right hand side is the bat-cave.  Robin is inside the bat-cave and there are bats flying under Robin.  I think there's also a fridge inside the bat-cave.



Saturday night, Grady finished his shower and got himself dressed like this.  Buttoned his shirt all by himself and even combed his hair.  I have a feeling he will be very style-conscious one day.

Peter's been practicing two skills this Spring Break - blowing bubbles with gum and whistling. He can now blow little bubbles and he whistles by sucking in.  Today and yesterday, he was practicing whistling pretty constantly.  This is a picture of him working on it - after he stopped giggling from the embarrassment of me taking his picture.  We've talked to him all day today that he has to remember not to just randomly start whistling during school.  He's only allowed to whistle at recess.


This was Peter's dinner tonight.  I spread the cream cheese on his bagel, but he decorated the rest.  Bagel with cream cheese, topped by turkey and banana.  I wasn't sure that he'd actually eat it, so I insisted on taking a picture before he put the sandwich together.  Once he started eating, he kept telling Grady how much he liked it.  And he ate the whole thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment