Monday, January 14, 2013

Oh Moon, how you inspire conflict!

Tonight we had to go out for for me to work out.  The boys came to the gym and ate dinner and watched a movie while I worked out.  But oh, the trip to the gym had it's moments.  The boys are both a bit tired today.  Woke up too early and had a busy day.

Before we left the house, the boys were annoying each other playing.  "I can play this way if I want."  "No, you can't.  You have to play my way."

When we pulled out of the driveway,
Peter says: I see the moon.

Grady: Where?  I don't see it.

Peter: It's right there.

Grady: I still don't see it.

Mom: I guess you'll have to wait until we turn before you can see it.

<turn>

Grady: I see the moon.

Peter: Where?

Grady: Right there!

Peter: I don't see it.

Grady: It's right there.

Peter: Where?

Grady: Right there.

Peter: That's a traffic light.  It's green.

Grady: No.  I see the moon.

Peter: Where?

Grady: Right there.

Peter: I don't see it.

<turn>

Peter: I see the moon.

Grady: Where?

Peter: Right there.

Grady: I don't see it.

This went on for a good 5 minutes!  Then on the way home, they did the same thing again!  Now everyone is home in bed and will hopefully wake up in a less fragile, slightly more logical frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment