Friday, January 11, 2013

Day to Day Peter

Peter says all kinds of funny things that he's very serious about.  He's pretty sure he'll be a superhero when he grows up.  Probably Batman.  Definitely not Superman because "duh" he's not from Krypton.

He told Boris that he played chess with his friend Daniel today.  "We played for almost the whole time we were at his house."  Except we were there for about 4 hours.  In addition to chess, they played outside twice, had a snack, played with airplanes and weapons and a whole lot of other things.

While we were at Daniel's house, the boys played outside in the freak snowstorm - riding skateboards and scooters.  Daniel came in for a minute to hand his mom a brick. "I found this.  Be careful with it because it's a good brick."  Later when the boys came in the house to warm up, Peter says "I found a knife out there" and then goes back to eating his snack.  Both of us moms look at each other wondering who would leave a knife outside.  Peter looks up after another bite or two and says "it's made out of wood".  That clears it up.  He found a piece of wood that would make a good knife to play pretend with.

Peter got a violin for Christmas and he's having a really good time playing it.  It pulls it out and practices for a minute or two then puts it away again.  He's tried out my clarinet and I got him a beginner piano book to try out when he feels like it.  He's decided that anytime he makes any kind of sound (out of any of the instruments), that means he's really good.  He mostly didn't squeak the clarinet, which is nice for my ears, but he couldn't really push his fingers on the holes either.

Boris and I were talking and I said "you're so funny" and started laughing.  Boris said "no, I'm not", but Peter says "well, sometimes".  Which just made me laugh even harder.

Boris makes up stories with the boys and their stuffed animals almost every night.  Peter often has his stuffed lemon as a part of the "skit".  When I bought some lemons from the store, they became part of the skit too with names and stories.  I bought six lemons.  One lemon was named after one of Peter's friends and one was named after Grady's friend.  When I used a few lemons, the boys came running over and looked in the fruit bowl to check who I had used.  "Oh good, you didn't use my friend."  Boris is trying with wiggle out of that one by telling the boys that Peter's stuffed lemon "can always grow some new friends because lemons grow on trees".  Which I find hysterically funny, because it's just like "what? do you think money grows on trees?".  We'll see if the boys accept that when it's time to squeeze their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment