Last week, I struck out on dinners almost every night. The boys complained about not liking whatever we had, just about every day.
This week was much better, in a surprising way. I tried out crab enchiladas with garlic cream sauce and the boys ate it all without complaint. Peter even requested it the next night for dinner. I made sure to never mention the C word (crab), just in case that would throw them off. Peter tends to look at something and continually ask what it is and then refuse to eat it after I've told him. He was satisfied with my answer of "enchiladas with white sauce and cheese" in this case and never even said anything about a fishy taste. Grady didn't want to eat them the second night but still eventually ate it.
Then last night was a pasta bake that the boys just loved. It had broccoli and carrots in it and the boys stood near me as I'm making it, asking me over and over again if they were going to have to eat the vegetables. In an odd turn of events, Grady ate a bunch of broccoli with it and Peter ate the carrots. And they both don't like the other vegetables. The boys were very impressed that this pasta had bread crumbs on top. The recipe called for some grated lemon peel in the bread crumbs and I felt there was a pretty strong lemon taste but the boys didn't identify that at all, even when I mentioned it.
For this week, I'm going to try again to make stuff that the boy will enjoy eating too. I feel good that even if they don't get many vegetables in their food, they each each three pieces of spinach after dinner. Can't have a treat unless you eat your spinach!
No comments:
Post a Comment