Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stories of Russia and the Summer Reading Program

The boys love to throw ideas of Russia around when they're talking...

They rode their bikes last night and again today and were having a great time with it.  Riding up and down the street for an hour or so each time.  Peter stops his bike near me one time and says "Wow.  This is so fun.  And I'm not even tired.  I think I could ride all the way to Russia."

While they were out riding, I sat on a chair in the middle of the street to watch for cars.  The boys were having fun taking their bikes in the garage and then riding down the driveway onto the street.  While they're in the garage, they start asking each other "Do you know how to say yes/no in Russian?".

Then there's Grady.  We were in the car the other day and Grady was talking about the trucks he saw driving around.  Gas trucks, cement trucks, whatever else he could see.  And then we have this conversation:

Grady: What if a car filled up with SOOO much gas?!

Cristi: I don't know.  What would happen?

Grady: I guess it could drive all the way to Russia.  Could it Papa?

Boris: I guess it could if there was a road all the way there.  You'd probably have a take a ferry at some point.

Grady: Are there gas stations in Russia?

Boris: Yes.  At least in the populated areas.

Grady:  Then I guess I could get gas when I drive there...  <pause> ...in my cement truck.

He's got plans.  Big plans for him and his cement truck!  And he doesn't want to consider doing or being anything else when he grows up, because he's going to have a cement truck!

Today was the first day to sign up at the library for the summer reading program.  The boys get very excited about it.  There's usually 4ish prizes you can get each summer if you complete all the reading time (which isn't that much anymore).  We went down to the library to sign up this afternoon and came home with a mountain of books to read too.

The boys dove right into reading and almost filled up the time needed for their first prize.  Peter's convinced that maybe we can go back tomorrow to get that prize.

After all that reading was done, Peter saw a different book and found it so enthralling that he had to read it himself.  SpongeBob Square Pants can be very amusing.

Then as I took pictures, there were some silly faces too.  Grady did one face and said "be sure to send that to Leka". So here you go Leka.  This picture was made for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment