On day 1, they painted plates, made things out of playdough, drew, painted, etc. They got snack and time to play in the museum too. The plates won't be ready until Friday because the lady has to fire them in the kiln first.
It sounds like they have a ton more fun art activities planned for the rest of the week. I think they're going to use all different small objects to make faces. Sounds pretty interesting.
While Peter especially has been excited about art camp (Grady's a little more so-so about it but still having fun), he's even more anxious for soccer camp. I got the boys shin guards the other day and Peter's had his on and off all throughout the time he's at home. He can't wait for soccer camp. He's really hoping he likes it and maybe he can play in the fall. We'll see what he thinks and/or if he gets bored with it after 5 days next week.
The boys have been in each other's faces a lot over the last week or so. There's probably some growing involved, and boredom from school getting out and even some lack of sleep because it's getting light so early.
The boys start running out of ways to fight with each other, so they've started fighting in Russian. One will yell "da!" and the other will yell "nyet!" and they'll do that back and forth for a while. They copy each other's words all the time and then get annoyed with the other for the copying.
Today Peter came out of his room and said "Mom, Grady keeps hitting me with his monkey and he won't stop" (it's a stuffed monkey). Not much I can reply to that since I just broke up some other fights between the two of them, so I just say "monkey slapping, huh?". Peter went back to his room and said "Grady, I do not like it when you monkey slap me!". It made me laugh to think that I came up with a new phrase that's almost swearing and now the boys will probably start saying it back and forth.
No comments:
Post a Comment