Sunday, June 9, 2013

Slipping and Sliding

The boys have been begging to try out the slip and slide that I've had sitting in the garage since a year or two ago.  Our outside water is on the wrong side of the house, so it's pretty much always freezing cold and slip and slides only last one or two times of play before they get a hole in them.  So I've never gotten it out even though I got it on clearance a couple years ago.


I've been putting the boys off until it was a nice hot day.  Yesterday was getting up close to 100 degrees, so I finally relented and helped them set it up.  Stake it down.  Fill up the right parts with water.  Get the sprinkler part facing the right direction.



Grady had trouble figuring out any sort of slide besides just splashing onto his knees once he got there.  He found lots of joy in running and splashing. Peter was getting the hang of it eventually, but still wasn't sliding very far.  They both were trying to get the slide working with the alligator kickboard, but I don't think it actually helped with anything.

They only played for about 10 minutes.  Then they had had enough fun and were ready to come inside and take a warm bath in their swim shorts.  They had fun while it lasted and maybe the slip and slide will stay whole for another day of play.  It was pretty lucky that they boys played with it yesterday.  Today it's still warm, but the clouds rolled in and it's thundering.








No comments:

Post a Comment