Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New Bikes

Grandma and I went out to some thrift stores on Monday and I found a 20" boys bike for $10. Couldn't pass up the deal, especially since Peter's been growing out of his small bike.  It took some effort to put the bike in the car, but it fit well enough.  Peter was very excited to see it when he was done with his morning of camp.

I figured we'd give Boris a couple days to clean the bike off and check to make sure everything was working fine, but as soon as we got back to the house Peter had to try it out.  He says the seat is pretty uncomfortable and the grips are breaking, so we'll probably get some better ones when we're in San Jose.

But for now, he's loving the bike.  We passed down Peter's bike to Grady, and he's thrilled with that too.  The boys have been outside everyday this week with their bikes.  When Boris gets home from work, he's been taking them out riding too.  He can't keep up on our adult-sized scooter anymore, so I guess he took out his own bike today.

I told Peter about bike touring yesterday and his eyes lit up.  I think it'll be a bunch more years before he's ready for that, but it could be in their future.  Both boys can go so much faster than before now that each of their bikes is bigger than the previous one.  And they look so much more grown up on bigger bikes.  Like real boys riding bikes instead of just toddlers playing around.  I've even made a space on our garage bike racks for Peter's bike; although, he has some trouble lifting it up so it's constantly on the floor right next to the rack.




They "race" all the time.  Lots of concentration and laughing.


But their favorite thing is still riding up and down the curb and feeling the bump

No comments:

Post a Comment