Peter has a bit more off the wall violence in this week's school work:
A "sh" word would definitely work as "shock". I'm guessing one would get shocked by lightening in this picture, but I can't be totally sure. I mean, the sun is out so that could be something different. But it does look like a lightening bolt to me.
For the word that is "whir", I was expecting something like a top "whirling". But that's not what it is. Peter told me today that it's actually a wire and it's attached to a motor. Five points for creativity, but I'm surprised he at least didn't put in a silent 'e'.
And then for the bonus points, you have thumb and "thomp" which are both spelled the same way. I guess one would "thomp" around in boots? And it is quite a good thumb picture. And who wouldn't love the cute, wooly sheep?!
Peter's also started making his Christmas list. He's been itching for a Nintendo DS, which still doesn't make much sense to me when we already have an iPad for him to use. He's got the Banana Board still on the list. And somehow Buzz and Woody made it on the list. I'm not sure why. I haven't had a chance to ask him about those two yet.
I've been very impressed with Peter's spelling ability. For his spelling test this week, he has four challenge words to spell (in addition to the regular ones). Including the words "challenge", "shopping", "whistle" and "through". We've worked on them all week and it seems he's got them down.
No comments:
Post a Comment