Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Intentional Playdough-ing

As I sit and think about my time at home with Grady, I realize that this is probably the last year we'll have before he's in school full-time.  So I'm trying to be a bit more intentional about doing special things with him and really spending time with him during the week.

Today we decided to make Playdough.  We mixed up our own batch and Grady chose yellow.  We got a bunch of cookie cutters, the rolling pin and some utensils.

Grady was very involved with the playdough for a while.  He started out with the dinosaur and the whale.

I made a line of hippos, then started on shapes.  Grady tried to copy each of my shapes: sphere, cylinder, pyramid, cube - even a donut.  I made a braid of play dough and then Grady shaped it into a circle.  I changed it to a heart and then when I was using the bathroom Grady put an S inside to make a Superman symbol.  We even made hotdogs in buns and people in kayaks.

I told Grady I was going to take a picture, so he had to pull out his camera too.  It took him a little bit to get it set up because it wanted to make the shutter stay open the whole time he held down the button.  Eventually he got it all right and got his picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment