Thursday, September 12, 2013

What Peter's Into

Peter's been back into drawing lately.  He's been working on some more comic book ideas.  He started out with a Justice League comic book - at least party because Grady was drawing something.  He spent a bunch of time, a couple days in a row, working on each individual character on the cover.  After he finished the characters, he started coloring in the cover. 
I'm not sure that he's working on that one anymore.  I saw the paper on the floor and haven't seen him do anything with it in a couple days.  But now he's started working on a Popeye comic.  I guess Boris has been showing the boys some old Popeye cartoons on YouTube and Peter's been intrigued.


So, the Popeye comic also has a cover in progress, I think.  I believe it's called Popeye Vs. Cheaterman.  I don't think I've seen any color on it yet, but that's the page he was working on this morning.

And today was the assembly at Peter's school for the Walk-A-Thon.  The kids will be walking in about two weeks.  Peter says he thinks he'll get more laps in than he did last year.  I think if he and his friend stick together, they'll either do really well or be really lazy and try to stick near the snack table.

Peter's also been reading like crazy.  He's done really well with his homework-reading each day.  Usually one chapter of the book they're working on in his group.  Then today he picked up the two books he got from the school library and read both of them to himself within 20 minutes.  He's also been spending a half hour or so every night before bed reading comics to himself.

I keep trying to decide what kind of books to have around for him to check out.  It's been really rough sometimes getting him to try some new kind book, but lately he's started to get into them once he gets through a little bit... it changes everything when you actually start getting the humor in things.


No comments:

Post a Comment