Friday, September 6, 2013

Peter's Favorite Vacation

All of Peter's work that he's done at school over the last two weeks came home today. He had at least one big writing assignment that he brought home. It was a full page of text that he wrote about something he did this summer.

He decided to write about seeing the movie Planes. He included lots of good details like what the movie was about and what he liked about it. I was very impressed. 

But then the last sentence says something like "this was my second favorite vacation ever." So I asked Peter what was his first favorite vacation. Not really knowing what to expect because I'm not sure what he remembers from other trips and if anything lasting stuck with him. 

He had to think about for a second to figure out why I was asking that. Then he had a little light bulb moment and said "oh yeah, that's when we go to Disneyland because I'm pretty sure that'll be the best vacation ever". Good to know we're thinking ahead here. With that sort of mentality, I'm surprised he listed this vacation as second best. His eyes light up any time we mention that we might go to Hawaii one day. I'd think in comparison to most of those things, seeing the movie Planes would be pretty far down the list. But you know, second favorite of all time, including any future events currently unknown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment