Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Peter's School Daze

Peter's been busing work, work, working at school. They go through units on each continent and have a group of kids research one area of the continent. For Europe, Peter was researching Italy. Him and his partner, write up facts and stuff then present to the class. His teacher complimented them on their number of pictures.

Peter brought the poster home on Monday and said his partner drew the left side pictures and he drew the right side. He told me about his pictures: "the top one is something, then there's a picture of Italy, I don't know what that is, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know." (An I don't know for each picture.) I think they found the pictures in books but didn't bother to read what each thing was.

They also recently finished up a unit on fairy tales. I was working there a couple days when they read various fairy tales and talked about them. Peter was excited to tell us that they had been working on writing their own fairy tales too. Here's Peter's story. I think it's about one of the cutest things ever.

Detective Penguin by Peter Sheikman

Not long ago, at the bottom of the earth at the coldest place on earth. The worlds best detective was there. Waddle. He's the best detective in the universe! So it all started when Waddle was on a hunt for a mystery until out popd Meats. Meats is the greedyest polar bear ever so watch out. Wait just a second what is Meats holding. A dimond! Waddle was on the case. So now Waddle was trying to follow bear tracks. But the problem is that there were no bear tracks! Waddle had to think of another way to catch up.


But then a idea popd into Waddles head he needd to dress up as a seal. So that the seals will tell Waddle where Meats is. They said he went to captain penguins boat. So off Waddle went to get the dimond back. Now he's finally cot up with Meats, but he was more tired then ever. Sudenly, Waddle just fainted. But the dream was the worst than ever. Finally Waddle woke up things looked different a dimond was in his face. Then he swiped at the dimond but then he was holding Meats. Luckily Waddle packed his magic ice stick.

Now Waddle touches Meats with the stick and all Waddle saw was some helth and fish. But were is the dimond. He realizes it is invisible so he says wond of ice get the stolen dimond. Give it to me. The wond does what Waddle said. So to the dimond shop he goes. Now he lives the best life he can. The end.

And let's not forget the pictures drawn for the story.





No comments:

Post a Comment