We made it through another Halloween. They're always a little stressful for me. I love the ideas of costumes and letting the boys dress up. I see all my friends working on amazing homemade costumes for their kids. The boys even ask me to make their costumes sometimes. But I know what that would turn into. They both change their mind constantly. And they're super picky about what they'll put near their body: No face paint, nothing that looks like anything they wouldn't like. Honestly, a few weeks ago Peter spent a half hour refusing to put any of the 10 pairs of pants in his drawer on. All pants he approved when purchased. But none of them were right and he couldn't explain to me what was wrong with any of them.
So, my kids wear store-bought Halloween costumes. In the process of last year's costume-bought-and-then-refused-to-be-worn, I told the boys if they wanted new costumes this year, they'd have to save up their allowance. It was a close thing, but they did end up saving enough to get costumes they liked.
Peter went as Superman. The Man Of Steel Superman, not the other, less-cool Superman. He was ok with the chest armor style costume this year and even wore the cape that went with it.
Grady was the Hulk. I felt really bad for him because this year's costume was just really poorly made. The seams were ripping by Halloween night and lots of stuff kept fluffing out throughout the times he was wearing it leading up to Halloween.
I felt bad that Grady didn't get to go with one of his friends. We tried to schedule something, but they ended up with a sick child and had to cancel. But Grady didn't let that stop him. He kept up with the older girls, running ahead from house to house. I think he even did pretty well saying trick or treat.
Peter obviously had a great time with his friend. We had pizza before trick or treating, so there was even some playing involved in the fun of the night.
When we got back to the house, Grady was doing the potty dance waiting for me because he couldn't get his costume off. We made it just in time. They should really find a way to do the jumpsuit costumes so kids can get them off too.
No comments:
Post a Comment