Monday, January 27, 2014

Time with Grady

The last two weeks have been really busy. Running around in the evening for the boys to do Tae Kwon Do in addition to gymnastics means that I haven't been doing Kaia at night. Pushing Kaia to the morning means that Grady comes with me and hangs out. It's sort of nice having the evenings a little more free but Grady and I get less time together and I'm busier for the time we do have.

But we have been getting in some time together. The other day we were both tired so I was trying to convince him to nap for a bit. That lasted for about 3 minutes before he got up. Then I kept trying to rest a little longer but he decided to cook.

I ended up with some tea and cookies, a bit of carrots and tomatoes in a pot, and a cupcake. He searched all over for the perfect utensil for the carrots and tomatoes. Finally he decided that I'd just have to use a spatula for the tomatoes and a spoon for the carrots. He was very serious about it all.

By the time I do Kaia and shower, some days we only have enough time to eat lunch before getting Grady to preschool. Here we are being a bit silly before we leave.




The boys found a LEGO snail picture in the LEGO magazine, so I helped them reproduce it. T
his snail lost his shell, but gained some western appeal.

One of the days, Grady and I were baking for a while. I forget what I was stirring when he decided to express himself with the beaters. He decided that they were bird cages.





We've had to pick Peter up from school (instead of having him ride the bus) a lot lately with the extra after-school activities. Grady and I try to get to school really close to when the bell rings but it's pretty normal for Peter's class to be one of the last ones out of the building. Grady's started making some friends with other siblings while we wait. They run all through the dirt and bushes together. Grady decided that this collection of rocks is his home. Here he is showing me where the room is for his pet hedgehog. Over in the other corner is a room for the puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment