Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Full Week








It's been pretty full this week.  Grady was at a friend's pirate birthday party.  He got a pirate goody bag including candy and an eye patch. He's worn it off and on this week and each time, just before he puts it on, he says "Mom, don't say Argh". Even when he handed it to me to try on he says "Don't say argh". I guess I'm just not allowed.


He told me about one of the kids in his After Care (the extra hour he spends at the preschool while I work in Peter's class).  After Care has K-8th kids in it, usually less than 10 kids. Anyway, he says "one boy is really old. He's like 50 or something. I mean, he can still walk and everything. He's not going to die or anything." Because only old people die. He's pretty obsessed with the concept of death although he's gotten better lately.


A couple days ago, he was looking through his room for something and says "It was up in my closet, but it's not there now. Damn it." He didn't say it in an angry way or anything, it's just the way things were. I could barely hold in my laughter. I'm just waiting for the day that his preschool teacher tells me he said a bad word.

Peter did some art project on Australia. This one seems to have the continent as well as some platypuses (platypi is saying it's spelled wrong!). He's currently working on a report on platypuses too. I can't wait to see what he writes about them. They have to do a bunch of research (reading books) and then write a report with all kinds of facts.



While Boris was out of town this week, Peter really, really wanted popcorn balls. I finally managed them on Thursday night. I don't feel like I'm very good at them, but they do taste yummy. Boris got home by Friday and the popcorn balls started disappearing fast.

We had our first snow this week too. It snowed for a while before anything stuck and there wasn't much on the ground either way. Not enough to play in or anything.

This week, in addition to Boris being out of town, I had some school work to do. I plan the assemblies at school and Wednesday was the second one. Instead of having an hour or two to myself while Grady was at preschool, I pretty much stayed at school the whole time making sure everything went ok. It was a puppet show. The group was pretty professional and brought all their own stuff, but I stuck around to see how everything went.

Peter read the book called something, something Origami Yoda. It was a hard book, probably a little too hard for him. But he pushed through and read it. Passed the school quiz with 7 out of 10 questions right. Included in the book are instructions on how to make Origami Yoda. Peter made a whole bunch of Yodas. Then his friend at school read the one about Darth Paper and was nice enough to make Peter his own Darth Paper. Since that time, I've also had to scour the internet for the instructions so the boys can make their own Darth Paper.

I ran 6 miles this morning. I had been hoping to make it all the way down this trail for a while and I finally did it. It was freezing cold (22 degrees or so) and my face was pretty frozen most of the time. I was pretty tired at the end. I need to get better about eating more before I run so I don't lose too much steam at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment