
Grady's had his share of adventures this week too. First he brought this shell out to me, asking if I could get the guy back out for him. We talk about impulse control a lot right now. The need to think about what might happen before we do something. Such as shoving a little Chi-Bee Tony Stark inside a shell. I had to get out the big pliers to pull this guy out. Then Grady was so mesmerized by the pliers that I pulled him out half-way and then asked if Grady wanted to pull him out the rest. Except Grady ended up pushing him back in and I had to work him out again.

We went to the library this week. Grady doesn't actually like looking for books at the library (except in the take-10-books-off-the-shelf-and-look-at-all-the-covers-laid-out-on-the-ground way. He mostly plays the library's computer games while I find books. He loves looking at the books at home though. This time, I guess it was important to not actually be sitting on any cushions while looking at books. I don't think he actually did anything with the cushions besides throw them all on the floor before sitting down to look at the books.

On Thursday, Grady had his dentist appointment. I think it was the first time he didn't lay in my lap while he got his teeth cleaned. He was nervous, but sat still for the hygienist. She put stuff on his teeth to see where the plaque was and then handed him the mirror. He refused to actually look in the mirror, but also wouldn't give it up when she started cleaning his teeth. She had to tell him a couple times to move the mirror further down his chest so she could reach his mouth. This was pretty much how he looked the entire time.
Grady was sick at the end of the week. Some sort of stuffy nose, cough, head cold. I didn't let him go to preschool on Friday. He wasn't feeling very good, but he was pretty happy about playing in the bathtub. He insisted that he needed his goggles, so he sat in the tub playing and "swimming" and dunking his head on occasion.
No comments:
Post a Comment