I forget why they drew this bat project, but Peter was very proud of it. I don't think it's come home yet. I think I just took a picture of it hanging up at school. It's just so cute... I don't know why they have little green vests on, but I'm sure he had a reason. I love that he labeled "cave", just in case you weren't sure when you saw the bats hanging upside down inside. He also says "Story by Peter", but I don't think I read the whole story yet.I think the bat drawing was a part of a report that Peter did on bats. That's the second picture here. He was so excited to come home and tell us that they got to use the computers in the computer lab to look for pictures of bats to put on the cover of their reports. I can't wait to read what his full story is, but I think it was mostly bat facts that he read.
His teacher told me last week that Peter seems to enjoy writing a lot and she's planning to start challenging him a little more during class. Right now the class writes one paragraph of information for each of their writing assignments. She thinks Peter will be fine writing more like 3-5 paragraphs at a time.
He (along with his class) wrote a letter to the troops for Veteran's Day. I think it's partly a Thanksgiving/Christmas project that they're sending stuff over to the troops for one of the holidays. Anyway, his teacher showed me his letter. She was very touched by everything he wrote. He said "Thank you for fighting for Truth and Justice. I hope your team wins. I hope you get lots of treats in this package." And a lot more than that too. His entire page was filled up with words to the soldier.school projects
And another bat project from school. When he pointed it out to me, he made sure to check that I saw the fangs. I'm so happy that his teacher has been doing so many things that keep Peter interested. He's enjoyed pretty much every part of his class-time lately. In fact, he just finished reading the second Diary of a Wimpy Kid book and is anxiously waiting for me to go to the library again to get number three in the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment