Today was our day at Wild Island. The boys have been looking forward to it for ages. The school picked five days for their group tickets and this was the day that worked best for us. Boris even took off work to join us. The weather was nice today. Low 90s and not too windy. The last few times we've gone, it's been really windy and/or thunderstormy at some point during the day. The boys were jumping around all morning with their swim clothes on, waiting until it was time to go. We got out of here around 10:15am because the park doesn't even open until 11am. We timed it today and it takes just under an hour to drive there.
Grady and Peter were both feeling rather brave in the days leading up to today. They talked about all the water slides they were going to try and all the fun they'd have. Grady was tall enough to do some of the bigger slides this year. And Peter was pretty much tall enough to do anything he wanted to.Both of the boys spent almost all of their time in the kiddie pool. Grady loved the kiddie slides this year and went on them over and over without anyone helping him. He was very independent. Boris said he was very assertive about keeping kids from cutting in front of him on the slides.
Peter liked the kiddie slides, but preferred relaxing in the kiddie pool with an inner tube most of the time. Peter was excited to see a bunch of his school mates there but didn't ask if he could go on any slides with them or play with them. A wave was good enough for him.
I took both of the boys on one of the bigger tube slides. One time, Peter went on his own while I went in a double tube with Grady. And the other time Peter went with me and Grady went on his own. Grady seemed to like it a lot, but Peter still preferred to be lazing about in the pool.
We also went in the wave pool for a while, but the boys tired of that really fast. I asked Peter if he wanted to go with me on one of the bigger slides that Grady was too small for and he said "maybe next year". He said he was having too much fun just floating in the pool.
The lines were a little long today, so most of the slides were taking us at least 20 minutes to wait for our turn. I went by myself on a couple slides because I love that sort of thing. I also got a chance to play in the deep end of the wave pool by myself. The water at the park was freezing though. It took a lot of getting used to, especially at the beginning of the day, and I was nearly dry each time I got to the top of the slides.
We had to leave around 3pm so the boys would still have time to get to gymnastics. If we had more time, I would have gone on more slides myself, but the boys were pretty much ready to go anyway. Grady sort-of slept on the way home and Peter thought about it. They were both pretty mellow at gymnastics and definitely ready for bed at the end of the day. But I'm sure they'll start talking soon about how much fun they'll have next year too.
| The boys feeling tired after getting home from Wild Island |



No comments:
Post a Comment