It's sort of strange how they set it up, with all the trampolines in a grid. They generally want one person bouncing on one part of trampoline at a time. But there are kids running back and forth constantly. Peter got bowled over by a kid once when he was doing a trick and the kid came running by.
The trampolines weren't nearly as well tensioned as the one at gymnastics. So you couldn't jump all that high or get much rebound to do tricks. The boys had some fun, but they definitely didn't want to keep bouncing for that long. They probably bounced for about 40 minutes of the hour. They pretended to play video games for a little while and walked around exploring and standing in front of the big air conditioners the rest of the time.Overall, I'm glad they have the opportunity to play on trampolines at gymnastics and I don't think I'd pay for them to go to a trampoline park again.
After our hour was up, we drove to an Italian place for lunch up at the Mercado. Grady was voting for pasta; although, I would have enjoyed World Wrapps too. It felt like we got some strange looks at the restaurant because there were no other kids there. But the boys had really good behavior and we didn't stay there very long.
I really wanted ice cream on the way back, so we stopped at Cold Stone in the Pruneyard. Both of the boys still love the blue ice cream - cotton candy in this case. I also ran in to Trader Joe's to stock up on some Mac N Cheese for the boys' dinner. They've been missing some of their go-to food choices.
We had a rest when we got back to the house. The boys rested for a little while (meaning, I made them lay down for an hour and every 5-10 minutes they interrupted my chance for rest by asking "can we get up now?"), then they watched a movie. They've now watched Puss In Boots and Robots twice each. I'm really glad that they're getting past some of the fear of new movies. But Grandma did try to get them to pick out a different new one today and they refused. These two are good for now, so that's what they'll watch. I'm hoping at home they might decide to try out Shrek.
Dinner was unanimously voted to be Mac N Cheese - for the boys at least. The rest of us had whatever looked good in the fridge. While we were eating, Grady looks at his (almond) milk and starts this conversation:
Grady: Grandpa, do you want to be strong?
Grandpa: Well, yes.
Grady: <somewhat exasperated> Then you need to drink milk!
Grandpa: <drinking up his juice> Well, I have milk in the morning with my cereal.
Grady: And do you drink all of it?
There was more conversation involved. Peter chimed in with some thoughts on drinking milk. We reminded him that he didn't really start drinking it until after he broke his collarbone. We aren't sure what specifically prompted the conversation, but Grady was very definitive about it. Milk is important! Even if it's almond milk!
After the boys finished eating, the played with the tennis balls that Grandpa cut up and drew faces on. There was some flying and rescuing involved. With lots of "Help! Help!" and "Aaahhh" involved in the playing. These sorts of stories happen pretty often for the boys and it's always amusing to hear them.
No comments:
Post a Comment