They watched two movies over the course of the drive. Boris and I can't see the movie from where we're sitting, but we can hear it and it's so funny to listen to the boys' commentary about each thing that happens:
"No Grady, you don't have to be scared about this part because movies aren't real."
"That wouldn't happen in real life."
"Someone's just pretending to do that."
I'm sure there would have been other commentary if the movie were a cartoon. This one was Superman II and the boys had discussed it before we got in the car, that Grady was going to try not to be scared this time because he knows it's not real.
| Probably the only picture I will ever have of Peter wearing a crown. He never wears these things, even though he insists on picking one up each time we go to Burger King. |
The boys walked in the door to my parents' house and pulled out all the toys they brought in their duffle bags. They didn't actually play with any of them, but they showed each one to Grandma and Grandpa before putting in on the floor, spread out across the room.
Later when Grady was cleaning up his piggy bank and dollar bills, he found that his stopper was not on his piggy bank. He said "who did this?". When Grandpa said "maybe it was you", Grady replied with "no. It wasn't me. I didn't do it in real life." I guess there might be some part of imagination or fiction where he did do it. Or maybe he dreamed it recently.
No comments:
Post a Comment