Yesterday when we were taking a walk, we saw a bunch of dragonflies. Eventually Grady said "I think baby dragonflies probably grow up and turn into dragons". When I said they grow up into dragonflies, he came back with "yeah, that's what I said".
Grady's dreams always seem pretty vivid. He tells us all kinds of details about them and they seem like a really integrated part of his life. I think he mostly understands that they're not real, but they are almost just as much a part of him as his actual life. The other day at Six Flags he was watching a ride that he thought looked like fun and said "I'm going to dream about this tonight." I asked him if he'd dream that he was on the ride or just watching. He replied with dreamy look on his face "I'm just building the dream in my head." When I tried to clarify, he answered but I can't remember what he said. I forgot to ask the next morning if he dreamed it. I'd love to know if he really has that kind of control of his dreams.
Grady has been copying hand motions constantly lately. Especially whatever Boris is doing. If Boris is talking and moves his hands from one side of his body to the other side, Grady doesn't say anything, but does the same motion. It's especially amusing whenever he's sitting right next to Boris when he does it. There will be hand waving, gesturing and fist pumping, first by the adult and then by the mini-me.
No comments:
Post a Comment