I'll post pictures from the Polar Express once Boris finishes processing them. He brought the big camera. I took a couple iPhone pictures that were ok, but the ride started at 8pm, so it was pretty dark out already.
Everyone was a little crazy from the busy-ness of the weekend. Two nights of going to bed late caught up with the boys and there was lots of annoying for Mama on Sunday. Boris laughed about most of it. I laughed a bit too, but in the rolling-my-eyes sort of way.

We went to In-N-Out burger on Sunday for lunch. The boys both brought books to read while we waited for our food. Peter had a new Big Nate book that he just got the day before, so he was really into the book. He put it down long enough to eat his burger, but then picked it right back up while the rest of us were finishing our food. Boris sat munching fries and he was piling some up to get a handful. Peter doesn't even look up from his book but reaches into the tray and grabs a couple fries right out of Boris' stack. Boris looked at me with some irritation and then decided he'd better move the bigger basket of fries into Peter's hand's grab range so Boris didn't get any more fries stolen.Grady has been in the mood of just causing destruction everywhere he goes. I leave the room for a minute and when I come back, there are things just spread across the floors and things that are normally connected are un-connected. Of course, for some reason he only does this when I'm the one around. If Boris is around, somehow none of that stuff happens. Because I was gone most of Saturday afternoon (taking Peter to the birthday party in Reno), Grady hung on me pretty much all day Sunday.
I cut Peter's hair last night and while Peter was rinsing off in the shower, Grady was messing around in the bathroom while I tried to clean up. When he started banging on the shower door, I told him to leave the room. He got all upset and we had the following conversation:Me: You can't be in there when you're in a bugging mood.
Grady: <grabbing my hand and pulling me all around> But I'm not in a bugging mood anymore.
Me: Yes, obviously you are. You can't go in there.
Grady: <getting more upset> But I promise I won't bug anymore. <now we get to the kitchen>
Grady: <zombie voice and zombie walk> Grapes! Grapes!
Grady: <normal voice> Mama, can I have some chocolate yogurt?
And yesterday's conversation with Grady...
Me: Grady, do you know where your Minion book is?
Grady: What do you mean "where's the book?"
Me: <thinking, it's not that complicated of a question> Is the book in your room or on the shelf?
Grady: Why do you need it?
Me: Just answer the question.
Grady: But why do you need it?
Me: Argh, just answer the question!
We think he could grow up to be a philosopher or something because I'm constantly asking him questions that are answered with "what do you mean?"
Then today, Grady walks into the kitchen where I'm working on dinner and says "how do you start a fire with a stick and a lava rock?"
Me: No fires in the house.
Grady: But I'd just light it and then blow it out right away!
Me: No fires in the house!
I hope it takes him a while to figure out how to do this because he tries so often, I'm sure he's going to get it sometime. I really hope he's in a safe place when he gets a spark!

No comments:
Post a Comment