Tonight is New Year's Eve. The boys didn't even think about asking to stay up until midnight. I think we have at least a few more years before they understand something like that. But it was a special day for them. Peter got a small telescope for Christmas and Boris took the boys outside to look at the stars and planets.Grady came running back in about 2 minutes after he went outside. He said "I'm scared of the skunks. And I'm scared of the dark. And I'm scared of the little kite in the sky that looks like a bad think from that movie with the red all around it." So he stayed inside with me. I convinced him to go back out for a minute to get one look through the telescope and he was excited to come in and tell me that he saw Jupiter.
Peter came in all starry eyed, just nodding as Boris described what they looked at. It was very cold outside and there was no moon tonight, so they're both excited to try again when it's a little warmer.
We went down to the library today so the boys could turn in their LEGO projects for the library's Winter LEGO Challenge. The boys both built little space ships to enter the contest. We ended up being there at just the right time and the lady asked to take the boys' picture with their creations and they had someone from the newspaper call us to ask questions for an article. We'll see if anything the boys said ends up in a future issue.
The boys were discussing their dreams over lunch today. Peter has had some scary ones and he still remembers one that he told me about ages ago. But then Grady starts out with this:
"In one of my dreams, we had a scooter that was driving itself and it ran over Peter's head and like his brain came out or something. Then he went to the hospital and when he woke up, someone came in and said he had the wrong head. So they took his head away and gave him the right head." Umm...a little intense for a little guy. Peter was upset about the whole thing so he sat covering his ears through the bulk of the descriptions.
Then Grady says "but sometimes when I'm having a bad dream, I give myself a good dream. It's like my brain just types out the good things in my head. Not quite like writing words on my forehead, because it's inside my brain."
No comments:
Post a Comment