So we had the big birthday bash which I don't have pictures for. Boris is still working on all of them so I'll have to tell you about the birthday party some other time.
However, it's been full of busy and play around here. Between birthday and Christmas, vacation and adventure, we have kept ourselves busy but I'm glad to say I've also been able to catch up on stuff this week too. New Year's cards and school pictures will go out in the mail this week and I find that to be a huge accomplishment. If somehow you read this blog, but you don't receive a New Year's card, let me know and I'll send you one.
Here are a couple of the things that have occupied us this week:
Grady got a giant cement truck for his birthday. The day after, we were getting ready to leave the house and Grady grabs the cement truck and says "ok, I'm ready to go. I'll just leave this in the car." Obviously that didn't work for me. He had to go find something small to bring. He also did that with a giant LEGO boat and got very frustrated and pouty when the answer was still no. Nothing big in my car, nothing breakable, and nothing with lots of little pieces.
On Friday while the boys were at camp, I went through Grady's room trying to clean stuff up. Actually, I started the night before. Went through it very quickly with a garbage bag and picked up anything that was specifically garbage (small scraps of paper, etc.). I filled the whole bag within about 10 minutes. Friday I spent two hours cleaning up the rest of his room (before he put away the Christmas/birthday toys). I filled another garbage bag along with a bag for the thrift store. So far nothing that he's wanted was removed. I did find clothes stuff in drawers, a missing Vicks VapoRub jar, a large container-worth of LEGO pieces, glitter, magnets, and coins all stuffed in places that make no sense. Grady hears "clean your room" and goes as fast as he can to get everything off the floor. Which means every few months at least, I have to go through and pull out all the stuff that's been "missing" for months.
Tonight's bit of wisdom from Grady:
"Water: It has no sugar and no calories. I'm pretty sure it's made from some sort of oil."
Something was happening here and I'm not too sure what. There's a LEGO boat, some sharks, things from ancient Egypt, a snow globe, a dragon, and a Erector Set robot; all surrounded by giant basketballs. You just don't know if all these characters should be scared of the basketballs or if they're some sort of prop. Maybe each character is working on their basketball skills. (The boys talk for their characters all the time now. Including LEGO space ships. So it really could be any of these things.)
And a pretty sunset picture:

No comments:
Post a Comment