So, Krypto lasted in our house just over a week. Things got worse and worse for me mentally and I just wasn't able to keep my head above water. We found a family from South Lake Tahoe who had been looking for this sort of dog and they came and got him tonight.
It was sad to see him go. The boys were feeling crummy about it, especially Peter. I feel down that he's gone too. It was so much fun to see him running around and playing. And seeing the boys interact with him. But I knew after that first week that I just couldn't keep going with it. I felt more and more depressed as the days went on and felt more trapped every day. Plus, in an entire week, I couldn't remember a single time that we actually played with the boys because we were so busy trying to keep things going and take care of Krypto.


Krypto would cry whenever we'd leave him home and he'd also cry whenever we took him with us. I'm sure some of those things (including getting up at night with him) would get better, but I didn't feel like the associated feelings would improve very much for me. So much of how I deal with my depressed feelings involve being out of the house.I'm looking forward to spending the day with Grady tomorrow. Maybe we'll cook something or make a mess on the floor without worrying about a doggy chewing on anything. I'm thinking after school, maybe I'll take the boys on a bike ride to remind them what we've been missing since we had Krypto.
Now to clean stuff up again. Maybe even get the carpets cleaned. Wash all of the stuff that was near doggy paws. I have some work ahead of me, but hopefully with a good night's sleep and a relaxing but full day tomorrow, I'll start feeling like my normal self again.
So goodbye, Krypto. I don't think we'll ever forget you. We were so happy to have you in our lives for a week, but we hope you found a better home than we could provide for you.



No comments:
Post a Comment