I found these ones on Grady's desk. There's "A Tadpole Adventure", possibly with swimming tadpoles on it.Also, a "Hedgie Diary", with a hedgehog.

I've made a rule in recent years that they boys can't take a whole stack of papers and staple them together to make a book. They must draw each page before stapling. Because when I clear out their rooms, there are huge piles of stapled sheets of paper with only the first page drawn in. They start the project but then get distracted and never continue the story. And one the paper has staple marks, you can't use it in the printer and the boys refuse to use a damaged piece of paper for a new project.
Each time we go to Five Guys, the boys love making a picture for the bulletin board. This last round was a "Camp Half Burger" t-shirt by Peter, just like Percy Jackson wears a Camp Half Blood t-shirt. I believe that's a Pegasus on the shirt too.
And Grady's? Well, I don't know what it is. If I remember right, he hung it upside down so it's actually some sort of mountain picture.
Grady can't quite reach the papers and crayons, but Peter's gotten so nice at helping make sure Grady gets the paper and crayons he needs. Sometimes the patrons at Five Guys look at me funny when Grady's standing by the bulletin board, jumping and jumping, but as soon as Peter's gotten his stuff, he helps Grady without being asked. It's nice to see.


No comments:
Post a Comment